Skip to main content

2023 - Crowning and dethroning



Peacocks are often used as a symbol of pride with their flashy "Look at me!" tail and loud "I'm here" hoot, yet I heard from our Father that in this next season, He is looking for the Church to be more peacock-like. See how the feathers collectively draw the hen's attention to notice the bird. In the same way, the Church is to stand in unity, side by side, all "eyes" and action directing the world to the head that wears the crown - King Jesus. There's no pushing for place, no individualism, but each feather takes the position it's been assigned. There is room for all stages of growth due to the support system, and we will support each other significantly across generations, communities, tribes and nations.  

The peacock's feathers aren't self-made and have no life apart from the bird. Jesus said that we are to abide in Him. He knows that removed from His body, we become ornamental at best! Attached, the feathers see what He sees and follow where He leads. Did you know that when the peacock loses his tail feathers, it's a sign that he is no longer fertile and unable to reproduce? The feathers must grow and show if we desire to see the Kingdom of God expanded, replicated, and fruitful. God is calling us into maturity. There is a Grace for this to happen rapidly as our Father eagerly awaits the harvest He has planned. 

We are coming out of a season of just quietly serving in the background, and there is such a drastic difference. It will take some adjustment, and we need to be kind to ourselves and each other during the transition. We will have to become accustomed to being seen and heard. Individually and corporately, there will be characteristics, habits and structures within the body that will be dethroned as we learn to walk as the Royal Priesthood.

 Not everyone is going to appreciate the changing of the status quo. The Church will speak again with loving authority, which will be heard and received by the lost and broken. The "Pharisees" of the day will call this a "prideful hoot", wanting to silence the work of the Holy Spirit. There will be a split between those willing to die to themselves, becoming a small part of His wild peacock-like Church, and those who prefer the church to be a tamed, caged chicken. This will be a time marked by great humility, which is not easy for us to understand. We think it means making ourselves small and insignificant, downplaying our gifts. But this isn't what Jesus did. He healed, taught, fed, and served. Seen but always directing the praise and glory to the Father, as co-heirs of His Kingdom who are set apart by Him, for Him.


The Spirit of the Lord says, "My children, it is time for you to see yourself through my eyes. 

Do you see yourself as Holy as I do? It is not I who calls you a sinner. You are forgiven, your sin removed as far as East is to West. There is no condemnation for those who live in my son. I see your failures, but My Spirit will teach and guide you my higher ways as you rest and trust in him.  

Do you feel the glory crown I adorn you with? I have called you to display my kingdom wherever you go. You are a carrier of my presence, power and authority. 

Do you understand the role you play as part of my priesthood? A priest worships and ministers to me and serves the people from this intimate relationship. You are my servants of salvation, healing, reconciliation, redemption and deliverance. 

I have powers and principalities for you to dethrone in this next season. But you can only do this once you see yourself as I see you. Come closer. Ask me, and I will show you."


Reflective questions

Am I  using all that God has given me or am I holding back so as not to be seen?  

Am I standing alone or connected and working in unity with other "feathers"? 

Am I attached to the bird, (or using Jesus's biblical analogy, grafted on the vine)? 

Am I showing off Jesus, and attracting others to His character and beauty?


Bible verses

Romans 12:1-3

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

Matthew 5:14-16 

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

James 1:12 

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

Romans 8:16-17 

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.  Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

1 Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 22 - Good Friday's Soundtrack

 Our house feels like living inside a musical. Not necessarily in the song quality, but definitely in quantity. It’s hard to say "Hello," "You're welcome," or "We're halfway there" without someone breaking into song. And it’s not just music. Our days are packed with lines from films, adverts, and TV shows. “Coffee, coffee, boy, do I need coffee!” “Bacon is good for me!” I’m not sure it’s entirely normal (which is why I try to restrain myself in public), but it’s definitely normal in our house. One phrase triggers the whole thing—someone says a single line, and the rest of the song or scene starts playing in everyone’s heads. Just like that, an everyday comment becomes a full production. And when Jesus was on the cross, he did just the same. He said: “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” To the Roman soldiers crucifying him, it probably sounded like a dying man's cry. To someone reading the Bible today, it can sound as if Jesus believed ...

How Deep? 1/5

How Deep Years ago I went scuba diving while on holiday in Corfu. Having enjoyed an afternoon snorkelling we decided venturing further and deeper into the ocean was sure to be even better. Once kitted out and jumping in the sea, as the rest of the group went straight down to the ocean bed I was still floating on the surface. I was handed more weights but it didn't help. I've always loved swimming but it was soon quite obvious that it didn't matter how well I was equipped on the outside, I simply wasn't equipped on the inside! I continued to swim on the surface watching in awe and wonder as those braver than I explored places I couldn't reach. Ephesians 3:18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.  As part of "the body of Christ" some are called to demonstrate the depth of God's love. These people are sensitive and care deeply. They feel the pain of their fellow man as...

Rules, Responsibility and Rebellion 2/3

  I love to watch movies where good versus evil and like most viewers I'm rooting for good to triumph. But every now and then the writers add a twist. You spend the entire film cheering on the goodie only to find at the last minute there was information you didn't know which changes everything, and you'd been on the wrong side all along!  Throughout history there are those who were once considered rebels, that we now see as heroes. Rosa Parks, Martin Luther and... Jesus! The pharisees in the time of Jesus were strict observers of not only the written Law but also the many traditional oral laws passed down through the generations. They were determined to keep themselves set apart for God. That's a good thing right? Jesus on the other worked on the Sabbath (healing people) and allowed His disciples to also (picking and eating wheat) He spent time with tax collectors and prostitutes and taught women. These were not the actions of someone keeping the status quo. To add insu...