Skip to main content

I Am Here.

I hear the Spirit say 

"How I long for your gaze. Long for you to lift up your eyes and see the love I have for you. It is without measure and in my perfect love, your fears will flee. Come close enough to listen to my heartbeat.  Don't be eager to leave. Wait and listen until your heart beats the same rhythm as mine. Until your heart responds, as I do. Synchronise with me.

Hunger for me, as I hunger for you. Turn off the constant distractions that are as annoying as a fly and allow yourself to hear the cry of your spirit for more of me. Can you feel the desire growing in you, to be even closer to me? Do you long to taste the new wine I have prepared for you?  Are you eager to receive the gifts I have ready to bestow upon you? 

 For now, lay down the treasures others have found and seek me for yourself. Don't be satisfied with second-hand revelation but hunger for the fresh bread I have hidden, waiting for you to find. Find ME on my pages, and let me nourish you. See how I am constant, yet I never do things in the same way.  My living word will sustain you. 

 Let me test you, as Jesus was tested in the wilderness, and see if you're yielded enough to carry the increase of my Glory that I'm releasing over the land. Let me show you the places of pride that causes your neck to become stiff and unable to bear weight.  My Grace is able to deliver you. 

 Learn to listen for my voice, for you will no longer find me in a structure. I am like the wind, going in any direction I please. Logic cannot make sense of me or contain me. Watch for the breeze and learn to follow. 

I Am Here."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 22 - Good Friday's Soundtrack

 Our house feels like living inside a musical. Not necessarily in the song quality, but definitely in quantity. It’s hard to say "Hello," "You're welcome," or "We're halfway there" without someone breaking into song. And it’s not just music. Our days are packed with lines from films, adverts, and TV shows. “Coffee, coffee, boy, do I need coffee!” “Bacon is good for me!” I’m not sure it’s entirely normal (which is why I try to restrain myself in public), but it’s definitely normal in our house. One phrase triggers the whole thing—someone says a single line, and the rest of the song or scene starts playing in everyone’s heads. Just like that, an everyday comment becomes a full production. And when Jesus was on the cross, he did just the same. He said: “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” To the Roman soldiers crucifying him, it probably sounded like a dying man's cry. To someone reading the Bible today, it can sound as if Jesus believed ...

How Deep? 1/5

How Deep Years ago I went scuba diving while on holiday in Corfu. Having enjoyed an afternoon snorkelling we decided venturing further and deeper into the ocean was sure to be even better. Once kitted out and jumping in the sea, as the rest of the group went straight down to the ocean bed I was still floating on the surface. I was handed more weights but it didn't help. I've always loved swimming but it was soon quite obvious that it didn't matter how well I was equipped on the outside, I simply wasn't equipped on the inside! I continued to swim on the surface watching in awe and wonder as those braver than I explored places I couldn't reach. Ephesians 3:18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.  As part of "the body of Christ" some are called to demonstrate the depth of God's love. These people are sensitive and care deeply. They feel the pain of their fellow man as...

Rules, Responsibility and Rebellion 2/3

  I love to watch movies where good versus evil and like most viewers I'm rooting for good to triumph. But every now and then the writers add a twist. You spend the entire film cheering on the goodie only to find at the last minute there was information you didn't know which changes everything, and you'd been on the wrong side all along!  Throughout history there are those who were once considered rebels, that we now see as heroes. Rosa Parks, Martin Luther and... Jesus! The pharisees in the time of Jesus were strict observers of not only the written Law but also the many traditional oral laws passed down through the generations. They were determined to keep themselves set apart for God. That's a good thing right? Jesus on the other worked on the Sabbath (healing people) and allowed His disciples to also (picking and eating wheat) He spent time with tax collectors and prostitutes and taught women. These were not the actions of someone keeping the status quo. To add insu...