Skip to main content

Healing the Bride -2

 The Spirit of the Lord says, "Dear rejected ones, you who have been in a time of isolation, on the outskirts. You who have been held at arm's length like spiritual lepers who are "invisible" and "awkward" or "too much" and "weird", being sustained by pity offerings and scraps of relationships, I am making way for your triumphant return.  

But first, dear ones, I have something to ask of you. It will seem unfair and unjust, but it is better this way - trust me. There cannot be a triumphant return without first being victorious, which will require emotional healing from the effect of the last season. As I healed lepers by a touch, which they had been longing for, or on their courageous walk to the temple, you too will be healed. The reconciliation talks that you have long imagined and prepared for lay down now. Your healing will not come this way at this time, Nor will it come from hearing the repentance of those who caused your pain, though the very idea has sustained you, for that will be for my ears only. 

You were never invisible to me, and I diligently collected your tears with love and care. I did not desire you to experience the pain of walking this lonely path. Still, I will use it and transform your ashes into a beautiful, fragrant bouquet. 

Cry for the injustice and mourn, for I know it grieves you. Then bring me your pain, bitterness, resentment, timidity, trauma, rejection, isolation and any victim mindset that has sneaked in over time. There is no shame in doing this. And I will make a great exchange and give you courage, boldness, hope, grace, joy, strength, gentleness, victory and thanksgiving. 

Even now, I am clearing the way to your seat at the table.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 22 - Good Friday's Soundtrack

 Our house feels like living inside a musical. Not necessarily in the song quality, but definitely in quantity. It’s hard to say "Hello," "You're welcome," or "We're halfway there" without someone breaking into song. And it’s not just music. Our days are packed with lines from films, adverts, and TV shows. “Coffee, coffee, boy, do I need coffee!” “Bacon is good for me!” I’m not sure it’s entirely normal (which is why I try to restrain myself in public), but it’s definitely normal in our house. One phrase triggers the whole thing—someone says a single line, and the rest of the song or scene starts playing in everyone’s heads. Just like that, an everyday comment becomes a full production. And when Jesus was on the cross, he did just the same. He said: “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” To the Roman soldiers crucifying him, it probably sounded like a dying man's cry. To someone reading the Bible today, it can sound as if Jesus believed ...

How Deep? 1/5

How Deep Years ago I went scuba diving while on holiday in Corfu. Having enjoyed an afternoon snorkelling we decided venturing further and deeper into the ocean was sure to be even better. Once kitted out and jumping in the sea, as the rest of the group went straight down to the ocean bed I was still floating on the surface. I was handed more weights but it didn't help. I've always loved swimming but it was soon quite obvious that it didn't matter how well I was equipped on the outside, I simply wasn't equipped on the inside! I continued to swim on the surface watching in awe and wonder as those braver than I explored places I couldn't reach. Ephesians 3:18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.  As part of "the body of Christ" some are called to demonstrate the depth of God's love. These people are sensitive and care deeply. They feel the pain of their fellow man as...

Holiness and Humility 3/3

 Here's a little teaser for you: Dogs have baby dogs that we call?  Cats have...?  Kangaroos have... ?  Chickens have... ?  God has... ?  While we know that a puppy is still a dog and a kitten is still a cat, surely God's children aren't gods?  Yet in John 5:18 When Jesus called God, "Father" that's exactly what the Pharisees understood Jesus to mean, and they were understandably shaken by the thought.  "For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God."  We know that Jesus, as God's only begotten Son, is and was God so of course that's accurate. But why, knowing the heretic nature of this comment did Jesus teach us to pray "Our Father, who art in heaven"? Why does the Holy Spirit make it known in our souls that we have been adopted into a new family, and we cry out "ABBA, Father!"? (Romans 8:15)  Every time ...